Sunday, November 19, 2006

27 Sep 2006 (Wed) - Home Alone


Miki was never left alone in the house whenever she was awake. Rainy season started in Sep. Sometimes the rain was quite heavy with strong gusty wind. Yuta`s school bus pick up point is some two, three blocks away.

Yuta comes home for lunch every Wednesday. On this particular Wednesday, it was raining cats and dogs. I was getting lunch ready before going out to fetch Yuta. I was very reluctant to bring Miki along, partly of the weather and partly Miki was sleepy.

When lunch was done, i told Miki that it was raining outside so she was to stay home and eat her lunch while i go out to bring kor kor home. I also told her that `mama will run fast fast and come home fast fast`. She seems to understand me and kept nodding her head. I also switched on the TV for her. I deliberately locked the upper lock and left the lower one unlocked coz i knew she could reach the lower lock. And so off i went.

When we came back some 20 minutes later, i was expecting to hear her wailing at the door. Instead, the lower lock was being locked. The TV was off and it was all silent when we entered the house. I shouted for Miki a few times before i heard her cries once and it went quiet again. We have a small apartment so i panicked when Miki did not reply when i first called out to her. I found her sleeping on her mattress and her lunch hardly any leftover. Boy was i relieved.

I am not proud of what i did but i am of Miki. It seems to me that she is much wiser than her age.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck n Ivy said...

please do not leave her alone at home. she is too young... at least put her to bed first or something...

one solution to these wet weather is to get those stroller cover. she will not be wet for sure and yuta can be partly sheltered from the strong gusty wind by hiding behind the stroller.

will try to find one and send it over.

5:01 AM  
Blogger lay see said...

thanks but no thanks ... can easily get the plastic cover here ... the only problem is that yuta always insist on taking the stroller if and when i take it along ... no amount of reasoning can change his mind ... he is very fast to sit on it .. thats why i seldom take the stroller with me if i have to bring both out with me ... sigh ...

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home